Health benefits of Corn
Monsoons are incomplete without a dose of lemon rubbed butta.
With bhuttawalas putting up makeshift stalls at almost every corner in the neighbourhood during the rains, isn’t it difficult to pass by them and not be captivated by the delectable aroma of roasted corn. The way a vendor dips half a lemon in chilli-salt powder and then assaults the corn cob with it sets you salivating in anticipation.Apart from the charcoal roasted variety, there are many who like their bhuttas boiled.This delicious snack has great health benefits.
1. Corn is rich in fiber which aids in digestion.One cup of cooked yellow corn provides 3.6 g of dietary fiber that helps to control your hunger and keeps your digestive system functioning smoothly
2. It is a good source of vit c, niacin n folic acid, which helps prevent heart disease.
3. It contains thiamin that helps maintain memory
and other valuable B-complex group of vitamins such as pantothenic acid, riboflavin, and pyridoxine.
4. It lowers cholesterol and prevents the risk of colon cancer.
5. It is loaded with lutein,zeaxanthin and ß-carotenes (esp the yellow ones), these phytochemicals promote healthy vision.