Herbs, spices and condiments to keep you warm in winter.
Herbs, spices and condiments: incorporate ginger, garlic, cinnamon, pepper, clove, methi seeds, saffron, turmeric and cloves into one’s daily diet. Besides generating heat, spices like cinnamon, ginger, tur
meric, garlic, cloves and pepper also contain phytochemicals that act as decongestants, are anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory. Ginger and garlic especially are great decongestants and improve blood circulation.
In specific how can you use this spices and condiments in day to day cooking:-
• Garlic & Ginger: You can have it in chutney or add it to soups or cooked vegetables. Ginger tea also tastes great.
• Cinnamon: Pulaos and biryanis taste awesome when you add cinnamon sticks to them.
• Saffron: Add it to your milk or pulaos. The rich taste will get you hooked!
• Cumin seeds: Add to flavour green veggies or simply garnish rotis with it.
• Pepper: It is excellent for asthmatics; add to soup, salads or you can simply sprinkle some on your breakfast omelette, sandwiches.
• Clove: A great mouth freshener and it is also known for its antiseptic abilitie, add it to ur daily dal, steamed rice.
• Fenugreek: Have one teaspoon of pre-soaked methi seeds early morning, or add a few to your dals, soups.