Women’s day special – Nutri essentials for women
On occasion of women’s day here comes the top nutrients for women and where to get them from.These will help reduce a women’s risk of osteoporosis, cancer, and cardiovascular disease.
• Calcium: Low-fat milk, broccoli, turnip greens, yogurt/cheese, cereal. Calcium can build strong bones to help offset thinning bones during menopause. Calcium also aids in new bone formation during pregnancy.
• Folic Acid: Fortified cereal, green leafy veggies,whole grain cereal.
• Fiber: Bran, whole grain cereal, apples, pears, raw veggies. It can also help to prevent cancer and promote good cardiovascular function.
• Iron: ragi,dates, roasted channa,green leafy vegetables, chicken, ground beef, seafood. A healthy iron intake can prevent iron deficiency anemia and help manage the increased blood volume during pregnancy.
• Fluids: Water, buttermilk, juices,coconut water
• Omega 3:- . Wild salmon, halibut, non-white tuna, sardines, walnuts, Flax seeds, Pumpkin seeds
• Isoflavones:-soy, red wine, purple grapes, pomegranate, cranberries
Develop and maintain healthy diet and lifestyle patterns and have a physical exam each year to prevent and diagnose early your treatable health issues. Early detection is important for treating breast, cervical, uterine and ovarian cancer and even osteoporosis.
All u women out there, take a stand and take care of your health first……if “YOU STAY HEALTHY” so will be your family.